[Bf-committers] DOF camera parameters.

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:55:19 +0200

Hi,

(intrr wrote:)
>> Well, as far as Ton is concerned, I think he is absolutely against
>> using the zblur method in the official tree. I already proposed
>> porting it
>> there maybe a year ago, it didn't get endorsement for being too
>> problematic
>> and unrealistic...

Originally it was part of the render code. But it was removed because
quality and usability were considered not useful (talking about NeoGeo
days). It was turned into a sequence plugin by Phase, and later on
improved by strubi. Especially filtering (using gaussians) and the
trick to separate the picture in 2 layers helped improving quality
quite some.

Still, drawbacks are evident, plus it is not supporting halos,
transparant faces nor unified render. Since the actual method really is
image based, having it in sequencer still doesn't sound like a bad
location for me. Goofster recently proposed it could be builtin as
fixed option in sequencer (along with glow for example). No problem
with that.

(car wrote:)
> If it works and users like it, and use it, and it is a useful tool,
> and it is not crash prone buggy, it should be in. Ton should not be
> the owner of what gets in and what does not, it's up to the community
> to decide, is it not ?

No it's not. :)

First of all it's about people who show they can integrate features
well, maintain it, improve it, or fix bugs for it. We still have too
much unsupported code in Blender. So for all parts nobody really works
on I'm the 'owner' still...

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org