[Bf-committers] Soundlib crashes game engine

Peter den Bak bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:54:00 +0200

Wouter,

According to Kester Linux causes an assertion, but windows just crashes.
The call sound_init_audio is probably meant to make sure the call
sound_stop_all_sounds goes right, but sound_stop_all_sounds is protected
against this by the variable ghSoundScene.

The KetsjiShell creates its own sound scene and therefore does not need
sound_init_audio. I suspect that the sound scene created by =
sound_init_audio
conflicts with the sound scene created by the KetsjiShell in the =
function
KX_Scene (in KX_Scene.cpp line 148).

In my experience during testing omitting the sound_init_audio also =
speeds up
the game engine, probably because blender only needs to take care of 1
single sound scene, and this improves the collision detection.

So, yes I'm pretty sure you can omit the sound_init_audio, and I tested =
it
thoroughly.

Regards,

Peter den Bak