[Bf-committers] selection outline in solid draw mode

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:13:52 +0200

Hi,

All Objects in Blender have an individual drawtype setting, in object
(f7) menu. Such options work on Objects in general... outline-select
also does nice jobs on text, mball and surfaces for example.
The feedback on the new outline select pointed me to the fact it works
in general OK on regular objects, but fails in individual cases. Being
able to disable selection draw for that Object only is nicer than
forcing it to all of Blender I guess.

A user preset could be useful to set defaults (settings for how new
objects get created).

I didn't intend to go into long discussions on it. The selection
outline is a very positive regarded release feature, I just try to make
sure it's not frustrating some cases.
Revising drawmodes and settings for 3d window in general is no release
topic now. :)

-Ton-