[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src drawobject.c buttons_object.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_effect_types.h

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- Alexander Ewering <blender@instinctive.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Martin Poirier wrote:
>
> > IMTO, the falloff value is as import if not more
> > important than the power and how I did it is a
> good
> > way to visualise it quickly. I'm open to
> suggestion,
> > of course.
>
> If the third ring has an alpha value of 0.5, does it
> actually
> mean that the force field is half as strong as in
> the center
> at the distance of the third ring?

Half as strong as the first ring which is 1 unit away
(therefore, power at that distance is not dependant on
falloff). At the center, power would be either
infinitly big (power / distance where distance -> 0)
or the same as everywhere else (falloff = 0).

Martin