[Bf-committers] Two -may be- error reports

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:41:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 May be these are bugs or [please insert your opinion here]   ;)

 1.) Since yesterday morning blender does not have a splash screen
     anymor. User settings were not alerted in this point but saved for
     other changes.

 2.) I have a really simple scene, which behaves somehow wrong:
	 In the 3DView I can animate that screen be pressing ALT-AKEY.
	 But trying to render that animation fails: Blender goes in a
	 endless loop (I see the little clock XFree displays when a
	 process does not accept input) but the CPUI load is "zero" and
	 the process state of blender is "S" ( == sleeping ).

	 If someone wants that file ( 17685 bytes gzipped) -- please mail
	 me and I will sent it per email.

 Two wishes for blender:

 There should be given an "install" target to Scons for UNIX-like
 platforms. Copying the ready build blender by hand and forgetting non
 mentioned additional files to the correct places may lead to an
 unwanted amount of superflous error reports.

 The weighted crease feature is ***GREAT*** ! It would be nice to have
 an equivalent functionality for Lattice deformation: First select one
 or more edges of a Lattice and then SHIFT-EKEY and ...voila!

 Keep hacking!
 Meino

 PS:
 Ton, just a little "statistical remark", not meant seriously in any
 way but it is interesting somehow...:
 Suppose one will copy the CVS each time right after you have
 officialized a new version of blender.
 Then -- making diffs between each two successive copies with diff
 options "-Nur" and compressing the resulting patch with "bzip2 -9" --
 s/he will notice that these compressed patches will nearly always
 about 1MB in size.
 This happens now the third or fourth time !

 "The secret is somewhere outside, Scully, but no one should ever know it!"

                                              -- Muldaur, The X-files --