[Bf-committers] Yafray export

Jonathan Merritt bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:00:51 +1000

Matthew H Plough wrote:

> The distance term is not irrelevant, if you want to duplicate the
> intensity of Blender's lighting in Yafray.  I can't tell you the exact
> formula because I don't have access to the code at the moment, but
> lamp->energy and lamp-distance interact to create a lighting intensity.

This is the easiest reference I know of:
    http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/htmlI/x5096.html
Blender's lighting equations are listed on that page.  The RenderMan
shaders in tuhopuu also provide an alternative implementation of most of
the light types.

--
Jonathan Merritt.
PhD Student - Equine Biomechanics.