[Bf-committers] Patch for constrain-to-plane

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:08:37 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Bill Baxter wrote:

> I like that concept of not needing to know "which way is X", but not the
> middle-button implementation.  The middle mouse button is problematic
> both for laptop users and for tablet users.   And on a lot of 3-button
> wheel mice (like mine) clicking the wheel is tricky to do without

>From my experience, I couldn't agree more. The wheel is unusable
as a middle-mouse button, and that's why I plugged my SGI 3-button
mouse into the Blender PC after trying with the wheelmouse for 2
hours.

On the other hand, I like the middle-mouse conventions very much,
and I guess it isn't too much to ask Blender users to *just* get
a $10 3-button-mouse (BUTTON, not wheel) from ebay.