[Bf-committers] Patch for constrain-to-plane

Bill Baxter bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:00:04 -0500

Alexander Ewering wrote:

>On the other hand, I like the middle-mouse conventions very much,
>and I guess it isn't too much to ask Blender users to *just* get
>a $10 3-button-mouse (BUTTON, not wheel) from ebay.

I think that *is*  asking too much.  The wheel is incredibly useful --
as a wheel.  It just isn't great as a button.  I use the wheel all the
time both in and out of Blender.
It's one thing to ask a Mac user to go from a 1 button mouse to a 3
button.  They won't lose any functionality in the switch.  But asking
someone to give up a very useful wheel so they can better use one piece
of software is a different matter.  *I* think it isn't too much for
users to ask for a good alternative to the middle button,  especially
when it would be so easy to code:    Go into editobject.c, look for
    case MIDDLEMOUSE:
and right before that add
    case CKEY:

Voila!  No middle mouse necessary!  Well ok, that's only one case of MMB
usage, but that's the one I was talking about originally.

--bb