[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_texture_types.h blender/source/blender/render/intern/source texture.c blender/source/blender/renderconverter/intern convertBlenderScene.c blender/source/blender/src buttons_shading.c

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:09:24 -0500

On Jan 15, 2004, at 20:37, Robert Wenzlaff wrote:
>> This is confusing to me. Does that mean that displacement won't work
>> if
>> you EVER hit "S" in editmode? How will the program know when the whole
>> object has been scaled in editmode vs. just a few vertices, etc.
>
> No, it will work, but the displacement won't get any deeper.  If you
> scale a
> unit plane to 100x100 in editmode, the max dislacement will be the
> same depth
> as if the object were 1x1.

Understood: this is much clearer. Beautiful.

>> Lastly, I presume displacement only works on mesh objects right now,
>> yes?
>
> No, again.

A thousand blessings on your head! You have just saved me hours of
work. :-)

Beautiful job, and the website is great. Thank you!!

-Bischofftep