[Bf-committers] New site stuff

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:15:42 +0100

Hi all,

I have asked Bart Veldhuizen, the former NaN webmaster, to help
designing/implementing a new structure for the blender.org portal. This
design is still unfinished, will all be presented & discussed later.

One of the goals for a redesign, is give easier access to
groups/volunteers to the site, to build and moderate entire sections
(news, docs, downloads, gallery, etc). The open source Content
Management software www.typo3.com is the candidate Bart choose to do a
first experiment with.

http://www.vrotvrot.com/blenderOrg/Python_Dow.97.0.html

The idea is to move this to the blender3d.org site, as a python
reference section. This as a test case, to see how it works in
practice. And of course, it is the purpose to give out 'content admin'
accounts out to the bf-python dudes, to further construct and maintain
such a site section. They will serve as test-rabbits here!

Some about the background:
http://vrotvrot.com/blenderOrg/Blender_CM.106.0.html

I mainly mail this to the list to indicate there's work being done! :)
More about the plans will be posted later.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org