[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_constraint.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern constraint.c scene.c blender/source/blender/renderconverter/intern convertBlenderScene.c blender/source/blender/src drawview.c editobject.c headerbuttons.c

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 07:26:57 -0700

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> For the release log, I don't understand this:
>
>>   * Issues with lattice deformed objects that are parents of bones
>>     when rendering an animation. Seems to be mostly OK now with the
>>     exception of the first rendered frame -- weird bugs like this have
>>     plagued blender for ages, which leads me to believe that
>>     RE_rotateBlenderScene() is a piece of garbage that nobody
>> understands
>>     (especially me).
>>

> Lattice deformed objects PARENT of armature? I guess it is:
>
> Armature -> Lattice -> Object (Mesh)
>
> where '->' is 'parent of'. So the text should read "issues with
> Lattices being child of Armature"?

Well, not really: the lattices end up being in the right place,
but the meshes they deform are in the wrong place. This is
not just a problem with RE_rotateBlenderScene() as my rant indicated,
but a problem with update_for_newframe() (and similar code).
The problem appears when you jump more than 1 frame, e.g., when I
use the arrow keys to jump 10 frames or to jump to the start/end
frame of the animation I get incorrect deformations -- but the
lattice itself is where it should be (as far as I can tell).
When I move only one frame, I don't see this problem.
Also: if CFRA is set to the first frame of the animation
and you press 'ANIMATE', your animation is fine, but if
you CFRA is not the first frame things are screwy.
I guess something is out of sync with the where_is_*()
stuff.

Chris