[Bf-committers] I've made a custom hotkey system for Blender!

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Mon Dec 6 07:08:35 CET 2004

IF THIS IS NOT ALREADY BEING WORKED ON (don't you just hate all caps):

I added a char keybinding[24][3] member to the user def struct.  For
each member of the array, [0] is the key code, [1] is NULL (because the
UI expects null-terminated strings) and [2] is the qualifyer  for it
(such as shift, alt, whatever, based on the values in BKE_global.h).

I did this for simpicity, and because I already have two new structs in
my Blender DNA, one new Library block type, and I don't wish to further
pollute the DNA code with even more structs.

And I've written the UI for it, in the Themes buttons.  Under the
spacetype menu I've added a "keybinding" entry.  Oh, and I've of course
written the appropiate functions for it, for seeing if a particular
hotkey has been pressed, etc.

But before I start digging into the latest CVS download to redo all the
hotkey calls (hopefully with LetterRip's help, since he kindly offered
his assistance on IRC), I must know, Ton, if you hate my solution ;).

Oh, each hotkey-pressed-tester function does a check on the hotkey to
see if key[0] (the keycode) is equal to 0; if so, then it sets it to a
default value.  If you were wondering about backward compatibility.

joeedh