[Bf-committers] Re: Animation improvements...?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Dec 3 02:28:06 CET 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, john tuffen wrote:

> Just my 2p (which may have already been mentioned):
> -- I'd like to see RVKs as 'actions' - the NLA view is much more intuitive (to
> me) than using multiple IPOs. Having said that, the proposal for an IPO
> embedded into an action (that Roland Hess proposes here
> www.harkyman.com/animprop/caproposal.html) seems excellent.

On the whole, I'd like to see NLA being able to handle *any* type of IPO:
Material, Lamp, etc., so that you can really go and stretch/move a whole
part of your animation with a single procedure, without worrying about
forgetting some IPOs, etc.

> I use Logic and Acid for my music creation - both have a similar approach to the
> action-IPO; although Acid has a Blender-like property of one-sound-per strip
> that Logic does not...

Oh, another Logic user :-) I like Logic for having an UI that is close to
Blender's in its "differentness" :)