[Bf-committers] Re: Animation improvements...?

john tuffen john at namke.com
Fri Dec 3 00:35:35 CET 2004

Just my 2p (which may have already been mentioned):
-- I'd like to see RVKs as 'actions' - the NLA view is much more intuitive (to
me) than using multiple IPOs. Having said that, the proposal for an IPO
embedded into an action (that Roland Hess proposes here
www.harkyman.com/animprop/caproposal.html) seems excellent.

-- Also, when dealing with the NLA my experience has been that if I duplicate
actions, the NLA view rapidly becomes unwieldy due to its increasing height
(one action per strip). I'd like to see something a bit more like the UI which
is common in MIDI/Audio sequencing packages - i.e. an action strip can contain
different actions, with the ability to copy, 'alias' (i.e. the copy is linked
to the original object) etc. In fact the analogy between the NLA action strips
and a sequencer application also gives pointers about how IPOs can be presented
for each action...

I use Logic and Acid for my music creation - both have a similar approach to the
action-IPO; although Acid has a Blender-like property of one-sound-per strip
that Logic does not...

I can sort out some screen-shots of what I mean if anyone is unclear...

Hmmm. Just a couple of late-night thoughts anyway :)

john..

--
http://www.iwari.com/
http://www.minimism.com/