[Bf-committers] Rotate Edge to Replace Flip Edge Feedback Needed

Johnny Matthews bf-committers@blender.org
Wed Aug 18 21:57:54 CEST 2004

It already goes through and any selected edge will be rotated in the
order that they are stored in the editedge->next structure.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:14:13 -0600, Chris Want <cwant@ualberta.ca> wrote:

> I think this would be very nice functionality to
> be included, and I had often considered working on it
> myself (laziness won in the end). My only comment is
> that your proposal does not discuss the behavior when
> more than one edge is selected. The old 'face based' method
> allowed you to process many faces at once. Have you
> considered multiple selections?
>
> By the way, the current ctrl-F is busted in
> 2.34. The following abberant behavior does not
> happen in 2.33:
>
> http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/bad_ctrl_f.jpg
>
> Chris
>

> Johnny Matthews wrote:
> > I am looking to replace the current CTRL-F flip edge with a rotate
> > edge function. The major difference is that you select a singe edge to
> > rotate rather than 2 whole faces. The addition of this feature will
> > let you rotate the edge between not only 2 tris, but a tri-quad and a
> > quad-quad. I would like input to see if people think that changing the
> > way CTRL-F is used for 2 tris is a major enough change to worry about
> > or if this simpler method is a good replacement.
> >
> > http://www.gvc.net/~johnny/blender/rotate/

Johnny Matthews
johnny.matthews@gmail.com