[Bf-committers] scons OSX game engine cvs built well, question

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:53:57 -0400

On Apr 05, 2004, at 16:38, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what this exactly means for releasing binaries for
> other cpu's, like G3 or G5?

Yes: -ffast-math will be comparable with regards to G3, G4, and G5
processors. The same increases will be present.

-mcpu= and -mtune= 7450 is probably being ignored... the 7450 is a
separate implementation of the G5 architecture as far as I can tell.

the -fast tag for the G5 includes both -ffast-math and -mtune=G5
-mcpu=G5 and a lot of others (which may or may not be safe).

Said another way, -ffast-math is cross-processor, -mtune and -mcpu
probably aren't doing anything.

Using -mcpu=powerpc on the other hand is probably quite safe, as we
know Blender won't run on a non-powerpc (pre-OS X) mac. If using
-mtune, the parameter given for -mcpu and -mtune should be the same
(i.e. -mcpu=powerpc and -mtune=powerpc).

Hope that helps!

-Bischofftep