[Bf-committers] Re: Compiling blender on OS X 10.3

Stefan Gartner bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:40:29 +0100

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 06:52, Michael Velikanje wrote:
> Ok I lied, setting -mcpu=G4 -fast does work for compiling
> QUICKTIME=true on 10.3 the same as it did on 10.2. But it only works if
> you add it to the nan_compile.mk file that is in the dir that you are
> actually compiling in.Not like I tried, editing the nan_compile.mk file
> in an archived dir.
> Like:
>
> ifeq ($(OS),darwin)
>      CC	= gcc
>      CCC	= g++
>      CFLAGS	+= -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=G4 -fast
>      CCFLAGS	+= -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=G4 -fast
> <<
> Every thing that I've tried works great :^)

Thanks for the tip! Do you happen to know if binaries compiled with -mcpu=G4
work on G3 machines, or alternatively, does it work with -fast alone? I don't
have 10.3, so I can't test it myself.

sgefant