[Bf-committers] Linking SDL fails with the automake build system

Christian Plessl bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:17:40 +0200

Hi,

Since some days blender suddenly doesn't build correctly on my Linux system
using the autotools buildsystem.

When linking all files for the blender executable linking fails because of
missing SDL functions, with the following warnings:

source/.libs/libblender_source.a(libblender_blendersrc_la-seqaudio.o)(.text+0xc4d):
In function `audio_fill':
: undefined reference to `SDL_MixAudio'
source/.libs/libblender_source.a(libblender_blendersrc_la-seqaudio.o)(.text+0xc72):
In function `audio_fill':
: undefined reference to `SDL_MixAudio'
source/.libs/libblender_source.a(libblender_blendersrc_la-seqaudio.o)(.text+0xcde):
In function `audio_init':
: undefined reference to `SDL_CloseAudio'
source/.libs/libblender_source.a(libblender_blendersrc_la-seqaudio.o)(.text+0xd11):
In function `audio_init':
: undefined reference to `SDL_OpenAudio'
source/.libs/libblender_source.a(libblender_blendersrc_la-seqaudio.o)(.text+0xd1a):
In function `audio_init':

I fixed the problem by manually adding  -lSDL   to the flags used to link the
blender executable in the Makefile. Somehow the flags for linking SDL seem
not to be added correctly by the automake framework anymore.

Regards,
 Christian