[Bf-committers] Solid book is out and available

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:37:54 -0500

On Monday 10 November 2003 13:04, Stephane SOPPERA wrote:
> >So we can just use that. It's 'either the GNU GPL or the Trolltech QPL'
> >

> Isn't blender code under two licenses?
> GPL and a proprietary one?
> So that would prevent solid inclusion in the bf-blender?

Worst case:  We use SOLID under the GPL, but re-work the interface between
Blender and SOLID so it can be removed cleanly.  IF we later issue a
commercial licence to Blender, AND the customer wants SOLID, then we would
have to negotiate Licencing fees for Solid too.   Perhapse we could negotiate
a deal so that the SOLID author gets the difference in fees between Blender
with SOLID and  without.  However, it would be best to have this number in
advance - in writing.
Robert Wenzlaff        rwenzlaff@soylent-green.con