[Bf-committers] Solid book is out and available

Matt Ebb bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:06:25 +1100

As far as I know, Blender is only currently distributed under one
license - the GPL. The BL is license is something that can be
negotiated later by interested parties, but when we usually download
the source, binaries, etc.as we do right now, Blender is being
distributed under the terms of the GPL.

That brings up a point though - just as including GPL code (Solid)
would mean a re-negotiation and agreement if Blender were to be
distributed under a non-GPL license, wouldn't that also mean we'd need
agreements from everyone else who's contributed code (since that code
was contributed under the terms of the GPL)?

Matt