[Bf-committers] Building blender on Linux with automake/conf

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 10:01:00 -0400

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 04:30 PM, Christian Plessl wrote:

> All other files (font files, plugin headers, python extensions,
> internationalization files) are not installed.

I'm using autoconf successfully. Apparently, at this point, none of
these extras are installed using the autoconf system.

I am not sure what the official track on this is: autoconf will build
Blender quite well right now... and these new features are the only
things which don't get handled. It's all that's holding autoconf back.

I'd suggest that we formally declare whether or not further development
effort will still try and drag autoconf along behind NaN makefiles, or
whether the time has come to jump ship to autoconf exclusively.

Just my 2p.

-Bischofftep