[Bf-committers] Re: Building blender on Linux with automake/conf

Christian Plessl bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 21:14:53 +0200

Kester Maddock wrote:
> AFAIK, the autoconf system does not install data files, or enable
> internationalization (i18n) support.  I posted a patch a while ago to
> enable
> build of i18n font support but it hasn't been applied.  Still need to post
> support for actually building the translation files. :)
>
> The python extensions are compiled into blender, there are no external
> files for that.
>
> The problem with the data files is that they have to be installed in
> $HOME/.blender, which is not where autoconf likes to install stuff.
>
> Anyway, you should have a usable blender at
> /home/plessl/pack/blender-cvs/bin/blender without i18n support.

Yes, you are right, the blender binary that is built works well, but none of
the 'support files' (plugins, headers for plugins, ...) are installed. This
is what made me suspicious.

Regrads,
 Christian