[Bf-committers] osx, bits

car bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 16:38:15 -0400

OSX again. Ok I goofed on the texture bit. It works. It's just that my
preset has old texture
materials still sitting around in it and I just use those mostly, but
not that time. I wish
blender would just ditch the hold on to it bit and would just delete it
when I tell it to.
That " O " appears beside it but it still stays.

As for the pokiness, once I remove the font all is back to good happy
speed,
I guess it is the font smoothing call. Make a button to option it. It
is okay, and is useful
for other fonts, just not that one yuk. No other fonts worked even
truetypes from the net.

Blender still creates images that do not work with photoshop. Graphic
converter works
though, as well as Film gimp.

Now just get a better unwrap uv engine without python, since OSX does
not handle
python at all, for the most part. Lack of UV has hindered my care and
recommendation to
others for blender. Everything else is good.

As I said before of a goal, I was attempting to dig around and learn
how to create
a paint engine for blender. Well that is still a goal, but far off. The
most  reasonable ideas
I had for it to work first were, layers in the uv window, then clone
tool like Photoshop to
paint the texture peace by piece , and then use meshes as brushes. This
all came to
a huge headache in my head. One little bit at a time.

So the question is , is anybody working at the UV stuff ?
I need some more reference to go with, searching the net for source
code gives more
  headaches, all I truly found out there that really liked to share
methods but not source is
Teddy, and all of his major cool realtime 3d techs like realtime cloth
and realtime
  pre-choice thinking modeling. I hope like ever some much that we can
get some of this
stuff in blen.

tar
^v^

new confusing bit, what on earth is ctrl+alt{option} 10 Timer draw,
draw+swap ?
Never seen it.