[Bf-committers] osx, bits

Fri, 16 May 2003 12:51:29 +0200

Hi,

It is a bit difficult to follow your thoughts... in the previous mail
you state

"Uv texture not rendering when used as texture."

Is a bit vague... adding more details helps a lot for others to
understand the problem. If it's too complex, provide a .blend file
example. Most important is that it can be reproduced with simple
instructions.

Further, once you've pinned down a bug, put it in the Tracker at
projects.blender.org. This maillist is good to discuss bugs, or try to
work on it, but for reporting we need the Tracker database.

> OSX again. Ok I goofed on the texture bit. It works. It's just that my
> preset has old texture
> materials still sitting around in it and I just use those mostly, but
> not that time. I wish
> blender would just ditch the hold on to it bit and would just delete
> it when I tell it to.
> That " O " appears beside it but it still stays.

No clue here... maybe you assigned the textures a 'Fake user' (F) flag?
Can be checked with the data-browse. (SHIFT-F4)

> Blender still creates images that do not work with photoshop. Graphic
> converter works
> though, as well as Film gimp.

Same issue; which image types cannot be read, png? jpg? tga? 32 bits,
24, 8?

?

> So the question is , is anybody working at the UV stuff ?
> I need some more reference to go with, searching the net for source
> code gives more
>  headaches, all I truly found out there that really liked to share
> methods but not source is
> Teddy, and all of his major cool realtime 3d techs like realtime cloth
> and realtime
>  pre-choice thinking modeling. I hope like ever some much that we can
> get some of this
> stuff in blen.

I got quite some reactions we need to improve the UV editing in
Blender. Both for the image-window, as in assigning it in 3d. Including
more automatic mapping options.
I didn't get an indication anyone here works at that, so you're welcome!

> new confusing bit, what on earth is ctrl+alt{option} 10 Timer draw,
> draw+swap ?
> Never seen it.

it gives the drawing speed (10 times drawing) in 100ths of a second. It
was used to check for h/w accelleration, and compare 3d cards. In the
past we had a 3d benchmark file at the web to compare results...
unfortunately the speed of 3d increased so much over time, that the
values became pretty useless... we need a higher precision instead.

BTW: what this option does, can also be looked up in the code...

-Ton-