[Bf-committers] iris 2.27 release

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:42:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Chris Want wrote:

> > I just thought about this again. does turning this
> > off in the user preference also turn off the
> > antialiased fonts (freetype)? the binary i made with
> > INTERNATIONAL off and FREETYPE2 on had antialiased
> > fonts, and good 3d performance. i dont' want to loose
> > the fonts.
>
> Umm, yes ... 'International Fonts' off is supposed to
> use the old plain jane bitmap fonts ... in fact, with
> INTERNATIONAL undefined you aren't supposed to get
> antialiased fonts at all either... so I don't know
> what happened to you there. FREETYPE2 is supposed to
> just enable truetype fonts for the 3D text objects
> (unless I'm mistaken about this).

that's what i got, and that's what i wanted.

> > as noted before the compilation with FREETYPE is dependant
> > on INTERNATIONAL, they should be independant.
>
> Yes ... that will get worked out soon (I hope).

that and the reason for the gfx hit (it's similar to
the old lag on mouse move, then the 3d window reacts.

btw: when you hold down the middle or right mouse button
doing nothing the CPU gets pegged, in both usr and sys usage.
this isn't real efficient. are the same effects measurable
on other platforms? I use gr_osview on irix.