[Bf-committers] iris 2.27 release

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 09:24:22 -0600

> I just thought about this again. does turning this
> off in the user preference also turn off the
> antialiased fonts (freetype)? the binary i made with
> INTERNATIONAL off and FREETYPE2 on had antialiased
> fonts, and good 3d performance. i dont' want to loose
> the fonts.

Umm, yes ... 'International Fonts' off is supposed to
use the old plain jane bitmap fonts ... in fact, with
INTERNATIONAL undefined you aren't supposed to get
antialiased fonts at all either... so I don't know
what happened to you there. FREETYPE2 is supposed to
just enable truetype fonts for the 3D text objects
(unless I'm mistaken about this).

> as noted before the compilation with FREETYPE is dependant
> on INTERNATIONAL, they should be independant.

Yes ... that will get worked out soon (I hope).

Chris