[Bf-committers] SSL dependency

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:29:22 +0200

Ton Roosendaal writes:
 > Hi,
 > Some yes, but more from a commercial exploitation focus. I think other
 > features are far more interesting to attract artists and professional
 > users:
 > - import/export 3d file formats
 > - integrated (mpg) movie in/out, audio support
 > - support for external renderers
 > - more advanced python api, to allow 'plugins'
 > - improved modeling/animation tools
 > - interface issues in general... (compatibility, "modernisation")
 >
 > I also doubt Maya/3DS/SI/LW etc. have "locking and signing" built-in.

But a good interface to other apps allowing such locking, like
Atomspehre, or Shockwave3d, Cult etc.

*I* think the future is more and more interactive and realtime 3D, and
less "traditional" computergraphics. So we should not move too far
away with Blender.

 > Focus could be at 'tools for artists', creating 3d content in general.

Ack, with special look at future use of graphics.

Carste.n