[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_booleanops.h blender/source/blender/src booleanops.c

Daniel Dunbar bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:32:18 -0800 (PST)

Vertex normals are stored as a short in MVert (you found this).
The smoothing flag is in the MFace (mf->flag&ME_SMOOTH), not in
TFace. Thats the flag that causes blender to draw it smooth in
OpenGL so if it looks smooth on the screen thats where the flag
is.

You are correct, there is no support for crease edges, the
traditional way was to disconnect the adjacent faces. Note
there is a rendering option to only do smoothing if the faces
are a certain angle apart, but this is a seperate issue.

Backing up a bit, I actually meant work on splitting the faces
nicely, not the normals. The normals are going to be recalculated
next time someone editmode cycles on the mesh, so why try to make
them correct? It will just be confusing to the user.

Splitting the faces nicely might be a bit more work I guess ;)

=====
daniel dunbar
daniel@zuster.org