[Bf-committers] code question.

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:31:05 +0200

Hi Car,

You're confusing us with too many things in one message. So, if you
want to propose something to be changed in the official Blender tree:

- write a short text what exactly the new function is (or the bug fix)
- if needed, illustrate it with a screenshot
- add a 'cvs diff' patch

Then we can review it. Interface related issues will be passed on to
the functionality mail list as well in the near future. We still have
to look at how to organize it all. Small improvements should be easy to
add, without organization overhead.

Officially, the admins here (phase, larstiq, sirdude) can do final
decisions when there's no consensus.

Your attempts to Aquafy Blender are an interesting experiment, but the
general opinion is that we won't support that now. The complexity is of
such level, that it requires a lot (a lot!) of Blender code experience
& code design proposals first.
Related to that, the low level interface code in Blender is high at the
list to be reconstructed, which has far more priority. After that
reconstruction, your aqua experiments might well become useless, and
you have to start again.

I feel it as my job to help (new) coders out in Blender as much as
possible, but with this Aqua stuff I can't be of help. Try to keep your
targets a bit more feasible, like improving the interface within the
original Blender context. These issues are always very welcome!

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org