[Bf-committers] Maximum Frame Number

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:28:59 +0200

Hi,

It's a short in the code, at a lot of places (also sfra, efra, etc)...
you could convert it, but be aware not to break 'dna' conventions in
blender (creating padding in structs is not allowed).
Next to that, timing values are also calculated in floats, which don't
have a high precision. Doing int-float conversions loose precision at a
certain value, dunno when exactly (23 bits?). But i think 180k should
be reliable.

BTW: 18000 frames means continuous anims of 12 minutes can be rendered
(pal). Quite acceptable. But of course not in *all* situations. :)

Allowing much higher values for animation rendering also includes to
think over the way to present such limits, and bring it under control
in a way that doesnt frustrate. Maya for example has an option to set
'Frame Padding', to make names as name#.ext with '#' being 1-8 digits.

I would suggest leaving it... it's not worth the hassle. For your
project just jack it up to 32000!

-Ton-