[Bf-committers] small details

Frank W. Samuelson bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:58:53 -0600 (MDT)

The "introduction to the Blender source" says that I should submit
proposed patches to this list, so here are some problems that I
came across when compiling blender on my i386 running Mandrake Linux 9.1.
(Note, I used the hmake script).

The Makefile in the po directory has:
       rm -r $(OCGDIR)/bin/.blender/locale
If locale doesn't exist, this command tanks and stops the whole "make clean"
process.  Fix with a -f
       rm -fr $(OCGDIR)/bin/.blender/locale

To get blender to link I had to add
    LLIBS += -lopenal -lsmpeg
to source/nan_link.mk in the linux/i386 section.  I was getting
undefined references to jv_malloc, jv_free, SMPEG...

Also in source/nan_definitions.mk I had to change
NAN_MESA to be /usr/X11R6, as that is where my
libGL.a and libGLU.a were.  Is this supposed to be automatically
defined elsewhere?