[Bf-committers] signal.h

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
17 Jul 2003 16:27:37 -0300

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 10:48, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> In later Blender releases this comment and code was deleted. I prefer
> to have this back again. Is any Python guru here to tell me what Python
> has to do with it?

Not a guru, but ...

The python interpreter also catches CTRL+C's, that's the way to get out
of long or infinite loops there, too.  It's the signal
"KeyboardInterrupt", reported just as any other error code.  That's much
probably what the comment you mentioned meant.  They wanted to let the
python interpreter catch CTRL+C to be able to stop scripts.

A simple test is this 'script':

for i in range(500000):
  print i

Running it in a Blender text win, I have to go to the console to stop
the interpreter with CTRL+C, it doesn't work at the text win (where
CTRL+C is naturally ignored) itself.  This is with a 3 or 4 days old cvs
binary.

So maybe there's no problem: to stop the python interpreter, press
CTRL+C at the console window, to stop Blender do it in Blender.  But I
couldn't test your change yet, how it affects Blender when a script like
the two-liner above is running.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br