[Bf-committers] signal.h

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:48:00 +0200

Hi,

While testing background rendering (from console) I noticed that ctrl+c
doesnt stop Blender. The call to enable was commented out with this
remark:

(Blender 1.8)
/* the SIGINT is commented out for python, then you can CTRL+C infinite
loops */

In later Blender releases this comment and code was deleted. I prefer
to have this back again. Is any Python guru here to tell me what Python
has to do with it?

I've put it back at OSX and works fine. It should work for each
platform, including Windows. I've adopted the old NeoGeo convention
that it requires 2 CTRL+C's to kill Blender. The first one sets
'G.afbreek' and prints "Press ^C again to kill Blender". The G.afbreek
variable forces rendering to stop, and a few other routines like
radiosity, metaballs, etc.

BTW: I've got old code here too that saved a .blend file at signal
SIGSEGV...! I'll put that back later, needs careful testing.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org