[Bf-committers] Last update is burning Tinderbox!

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:29:38 +0100

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 12:09:54AM +0100, Michel Selten wrote:
> Instead of going back to the previous versions of the files, I chose to
> investigate a bit more for a good solution. I know it's a bad time
> (feature freeze) for having tinderbox fail.

One of the considerations is that it should work with multiple
archs/hosts building from the same (nfs) tree, putting generated files
in the intern/ and source/ trees might not be the brightest idea, with
different archs things BREAK, hard. Besides that, true dependancies for
make is also something on the todolist, I still have a quotum of hacking
hours for tonight and will try to come up with a good solution, if all
else fails, we can roll things back before the freeze (pun)/release.

We also want to check the upstream (and quite likely updated) freeze
scripts to see how everything works there, but that looks like a longer
term project.

LarstiQ