[Bf-committers] Minutes bf-blender project members meeting, jan 26

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:10:14 +0100

Hi all,

IRC meeting, sunday january 19, 18:00-20:00 CET
Participants:
Aphex, Desaster, Hos, Larstiq, Michel, Sirdude, Ton,

1. Minutes last meeting

Action points solved:
- Aphex will become the MSVC projectfile boss.
- windows (cygwin) makefiles are updated
- Compilation docs: Larstiq updated
- Quicktime license conflict: it is platform dependent... let's assume
its part of the OS for OSX and Windows (no GPL conflict) and for the
other platforms the LGPL version will be used.

Action points still pending:
- suggestion: a 'public release hack-down list' with code to be written
for a release.
- OSX: Project Builder files still in test.
- Creator/Publisher targets in build system should be unified to a
single Blender target.
- ODE still hardly functions (cross platform)
- releasing/uploading files at projects.blender.org should be possible,
we'll check this.
- more (IRC) sessions on coding issues
- Python needs more developers! Artists are welcome too...

2. State of development for the 2.26 release, when?

- tuhopuu features have to be integrated in the bf-blender tree. The
admins still should agree on that, it would help if some people review
the features, for example for consistancy.
- ton will post the old NaN testing files... its old stuff, but a first
start for an actual 'regression suite'.

Schedule as agreed on:
- this week until feb 1, adding features (tuhopuu)
- feb 1: FEATURE FREEZE
- feb 1-8: testing & bugfixing for all developers. Using the maillist,
we can report and discuss critical bugs and showstoppers.
feb 8/9/10: (weekend) Beta / pre-release of 2.26 executables. Then also
the bug tracker at projects site can be used.

We have to review the exact release, bug-reporting/fixing process.
Topic for next meeting.

-> In my opinion, the next release should focus on stability, bug &
feature fixing!

3. how to integrate Quicktime support best

We agreed that introducing another dependency is not a wise idea.
Quicktime support should be done either in runtime linking (like a
plugin) or with a 'stub' (fake) library, that can be removed/replaced.
Unfortunately the coders working on were not available... I don't know
the status on this.
If it can't be solved this week, we'll release without Quicktime.

4. ODE issues

Not sufficient people available for a discussion

5. which platforms/versions will be 'officially' supported, and: who to
define 'cross platform'

The appointed 'platform managers' will have the latest word on this...
a more detailed discussion can be held once we're thinking of major
improvements; like going for a newer OpenGL. In 2005 or so... ;-)

- date/time next meeting

Less people attended this meeting... might be a coincidence, but for
next sunday I'll ask the three bf-admins to mention a time. At least
one of them should be able to attend!

Thanks!

-Ton-