[Bf-committers] Re: Proposed Tuhopuu stuff in 2.26

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:49:38 -0700

I've been mulling this over a bit ... I would never
be able to implement the modifications to the
features you recommend in time for the feature
freeze so the choice is then: a) accept them
'as is' but acknowledge that from a UI perspective
they aren't great, or b) work on them more first,
for a future version. This is a bit of a shame,
as having tested these features in a little project
I find they provide for some fast, efficient work
(which seems to be consistent with many other
popular UI elements in blender that may not
be too pretty. I guess in this sense they fit
right in ;).

As for diluting visual meaning, the scrollbars
already have frame numbers written on them so
I don't think I'd be the first one guilty of this
crime, and so the argument is then what is more
important: visual clarity or efficient use of space?

Anyways, I haven't quite decided what to do quite
yet. Are there any other opinions on this issue?
Has anybody actually tried these features in
Tuhopuu and love/hate them?

Regards,
Chris

P.S. Thanks for your input on this.