[Bf-committers] NEW CVS!

Gregor Mückl bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:04:35 +0100

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You can also find some other projects at the projects.blender.org site.
> For example 'classic' - not activated yet - as a fun back-to-basics
> project.
> New project proposals are welcome, complete forks but also non-blender
> projects... although some relationship with 3d and/or Blender is a
> prerequisite. I will approve on new projecs myself, consulting the
> admins of course... :)

I'd like to propose a project entry here before I try to get myself an
account at projects.blender.org (yet another account.. ;):

It's about a (rather hackish) stand-alone converter of blender files to
Crystal Space levels (that infamous 3D engine you probably have heard of
before - you can find it at http://crystal.sourceforge.net). Currently
it can correctly export meshes (complete with UV coordinates and texture
file names) and light sources. I plan to enhance it so that animated
objects can be exported as well (poses, sequences, etc.).

I'm developing that tool because I need it for a game I hack together
using CS (and the artists are using blender for 3D modelling). And I had
figured out that Python was a long way from being suitable for that
(don't ask why - the list is long). So I ended up parsing the DNA
information of the blender files to retrieve the information I want. And
that now works since early April ;).

Anyway, would you add this project to projects.blender.org?

Gregor