[Bf-committers] Next Release

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
12 Feb 2003 19:30:51 +0100

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 16:33, Kent Mein wrote:
> Now that we have our first Release behind us.
>
> Anyone have any feedback as far as how the whole process went...
> Good/bad/suggestions for next time...
>
> We also were talking on irc about the need for a release schedule,
> as well as proposed things to work on for the next release.
>
> Ton suggested the following:
> March(25th)  2.27
> April(28th) 2.28
> June(2nd)  2.29
> End of July(SIGGRAPH) 2.30

Ah, Ton likes to keep some pressure on our poor shoulders :)

> What are other people thinking...

Well, what I would like to see is a fully working auto* build system.
One way to push this a little more would be to let all tinderbox builds
do the auto* build. Reading logfiles produced by Tinderbox gives me a
chance to understand what's going on. Since I have no problems using
auto* on my system, I'm curious as to what the problems are occuring on
other platforms.

> I'd also like to see ghost separated from blender.

I think that's a good challenge for the coming release :)

And as has been mentioned already, more work has to be put in Python.
But I intend to create a seperate mail for that specific subject.
(probably not today or tomorrow, but soon :) ).

With regards,
	Michel