[Bf-committers] Next Release

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:55:51 -0700

> I have a problem with a script in Blender, version 2.23, 2.25 and the
> recently released 2.26. When i try to run the script blender crashes.
> The problem seems related to a failed loading of a module (another
> script previously loaded).

Blender 2.25 and 2.26 erase the namespace on each script
invocation ... variables and modules that other scripts
have loaded or used become undefined. I'm not a fan
of this approach as it renders scriptlinks (in particular
the 'On Load' kind) unusable.

There is a macro in one of the python C source files that
is supposed to negate this behavior, but it didn't work
when I tried it.

Chris