[Bf-committers] Renderer problem - black Renderfaces

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:19:42 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

hope you had/have a nice and peaceful christmas :)

I'm sorry to ask this on the 'official' mailing list even though this is
in a way my own problem, but well!

The renderer in my own tree has a strange problem which seems to be related
to displists, and I have no clue how/when I introduced it!

When I have either a dupliverted or a dupliframed object (particles probably
have the same problem), the rendered objects get random black faces. This
problem becomes worse if I activate Shadows and OSA, but it's also there
without them, just a little "less".

THe problem disappears as soon as I "Make Dupliverts/frames real" and then
render.

The problem also has existed _before_ I ported the raytracing stuff and
_before_ I implemented the mesh modifier stack.

If anyone (Ton :) has a clue on what could be going on, I would appreciate
any hint, as I absolutely don't know what in all heavens I've changed to
cause this problem.

Thanks