[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/render/intern/source

Fabrizio bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:10:32 +0100

Hi Alex,

It does look odd to me too but thinking about it could actually be possible.
What you are seeing is a reflection of the 'real' sphere in the reflected
surface of the centre object - ie reflecting of real sphere in mirror in
reflection! (though it shouldn't be so strong - but placement is correct)

I tried downloading your blend but it keeps timeing out half way through for
some reason so cannot try this myself:

Delete your wood and double your centre object just below itself (ie fake
reflecting it if the wood were still there) and re-render. In the bottom
center object you should see the 'that' part of the sphere.

It might be so strong because at that angle there might be a specular hot
spot on the sphere!

What do you think?

Regards
Fabrizio

ps. time for another Blender vs Yafray test Poll (the one with the chess
pieces) ;oP