[Bf-committers] Themes, vertex size

Brecht Van Lommel bf-committers@blender.org
05 Dec 2003 23:00:33 +0000

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 13:03, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  So -- at least for this case -- it seems to be a bug in the radeon
>  driver OR the logic of call glPointSize() is "sub-otpimal" ;) --
>  means the call sequence must be somehow different as the current one
>  (but I am no OpenGL-guru at all! I only know how to spell it...;)
>
>  Would be interesting, whether others on this list with a comparable
>  configuration got the same problems...

I have the same problem with my radeon driver (well, problem, the point
size is just fine for me). It's also a radeon 4.3.99 driver. My card
(radeon IGP 340) is not officially supported and I'm using a patched
version of the driver so it is rather normal for me that some things are
not working. But i found a thread about a bug in the radeon driver at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg13541.html

I have exactly the same symptoms as the people in the thread, and the
thread is pretty recent, so I guess this is the bug. There are some
links to patches for this. I haven't tested them since I already had
enough trouble getting my card to work and I don't want to break it now.
They say the patch will probably be in the 4.4 release.

Cheers,
Brecht