[Bf-committers] Themes, vertex size

Michael Velikanje bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:42:35 -0900

I have the same problem on OS X 10.3.1, I've tried the down loaded
version of 2.31 and the one compiled on my system (including the cvs
update that compiled while writing this e-mail) and in both the vertex
size in themes doesn't work.
What I don't under stand is that after it was first added it worked on
my system, it wasn't until several cvs updates to the theme code that
it stopped working.
OS X 10.3.1 powerbook Ti 550
"" This means that your gfx card/drivers don't support glPointsSize(),
something that's supposed to work even in OpenGL 1.0....""
Did Apple break OpenGL in 10.3.1???

From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Hardly to recognize dots in EDIT mode

----Next_Part(Thu_Dec__4_12:12:10_2003_920)--

From: Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:46:16 +0100

Hi Ton !

  uuuhhhh...sorry for the false alert...

  It seems, I really need the new blender 2.30 guide in my hands, that
  I have ordered a few days ago... ;)

  I tried "Vertex size" (set to) in "3D View" in a added personal theme
  (activated). I added an UV-sphere to the scene and entered edit mode.
  But unfortunately the selected vertices were hardly to distinguish by
  their neighbours (I did a snapshot from a part of the sphere. Some of
  the vertices there were selected, some not. But I can not see any
  difference. PNG-Image added to this mail) The closer you get to the
  selected object, the smaller the vertices become until they are
  totally vanishing -- regardlkess of the size settings. Even if zoomed
  out, the differences "Vertex size" made are very very small...

Message: 3
This means that your gfx card/drivers don't support glPointsSize(),
something that's supposed to work even in OpenGL 1.0....

Get these DRI guys to work! :)

-Ton-