[Bf-committers] restore Game Engine project

Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:20:39 +0200

Hi,

Hehe, nice to read such positive reactions! :)
Nevertheless, it's not a real fair point you raised there. It was - not
for me and most of the developers - never the question whether it's a
useful addition to Blender. It's more a matter of design,
functionality, planning, manageablity.

As proposed for the roadmap (and I've heard no objections) we do at
least a 2.29 and/or 2.30 with full engine restored. Gives us time to
review development status, and proposals how to manage the project.

If you want to know what you'll start, check the old bugtracker for
bugs in the engine... there's a load. Most of it related to badly
integrating, making it needed to implement every Blender feature again.

http://www.blender.org/
modules.php?op=modload&name=mantis&file=login_select_proj_page

-Ton-