[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python

maci_ray bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:29:06 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Patrick <saluk@flashmail.com> schrieb: > car:

> Yep, definately progress before compatibility, work on ODE now while we
> can, and drop in solid for those old folks when it comes.  If it comes
> at the end of August like ton says it might, it might be done before ODE
> is finished.  But ODE is a better bet.
>
> maci_ray:
>
> >From ODE-User Guide chapter 1.1:
> >A first order integrator is being used. It's fast, but not accurate
> >enough for quantitative engineering yet.
>
> >That comment stopped me from thinking further about my simulation.
> >I had the idea to give it a real forces facette.
>
> That's too bad :( hopefully they add more support for accurate physics
> in the future.  Good thing it's open source ;)

But the problem is you can't (you aren't abled/have no time) to do it
all yourself :-(.

> >Could you mail me a testfile, please?
>
> I'll do that as soon as I find one, I think it was xype who made a bunch
> of good, working testfiles, but his site where they were located is
> gone. If I can't find one, I'll make one.

Thank you!

It seems that the cygwin/nan/freewindows build works better
than msvc .dsws.

> >What's the problem? Which build system do you use? msvc6/7/cygwin/nanmake?
> >I only know something about msvc6. I haven't managed a cygwin build
>
> yep I'm on a cygwin build. When I tried compiling with the game engine,
> it broke when it reached the physics libraries, as I think it was
> looking for solid. I tried to take out that stuff somehow and it still
> broke. Then I tried taking out the game engine again, and it still broke
> in the same spot. I couldnt figure it out.

Please post the error messages, maybe I have an idea.

> On culling I've managed to get it to not crash which is a big step,
> unfortunately it doesn't really work as expected.  The scene wont update
> unless you are holding a key down, sometimes it culles the left half of
> the screen, sometimes it culls all the objects, sometimes it culls none
> of them and runs really slow, and sometimes it still crashes.  I don't
> get why it works differently everytime but I suspect that I don't
> understand exactly what the camera functions GetModelviewMatrix and
> GetProjectionMatrix return.

I haven't looked further but I thought ODE would handle the collision
stuff? If blender has its own collision, it would explain why my
boxstack-test is that weird behaving.

Maci_Ray.

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de