[Bf-committers] Strange stats...

Daniel Fairhead bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:48:26 +0300

Hi all,

Something strange, I don't know if it has come up before, but I
was trying to make my gooey-ui code run faster in tuhopuu, and
was getting Ctrl-Alt-T times (in the renderbuttons window) of 157
with normal buttons, and 232 with gradients. I managed to cut
down my code to 221, and was quite chuffed at that, when I
suddenly though "I wonder what the times are like in previous
blenders?" So I opened up my still-installed 2.23 blender, and did
a Ctrl-Alt-T->draw, as my new blender, and got ... 15!!! I was vaguely
shocked at this, and re-tried in both many times, and still got the same
sort of variation. I then downloaded the official 2.28 binary, to see if it
was my gooey-ui code that was really making things so slow, but found
it had 147, aproximately the same time as my gooey-ui tuhopuu tree. I
also downloaded some various other blenders, and tried them. After 2.23,
for 2.25 and above, we have this massive slowdown. Why is this? Is there
a version of the source about that we could check the differences, and so make
2.29 really fast again?

Dan