[Bf-committers] ODE on OS X using X11?

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:35:53 -0400

Hello:

Working with today's CVS release, noticed that it is attempting to
build "all" in extern/ode

Looking there, in the config directory at "makefile.osx" there are
references to X11 directories. When compiling, Blender tries to use
this information and ends up with a veritable soup of warnings and
incompatibilities. Using X11 OpenGL functions in some places, and
OpenGL.framework functions in others. Quite a mess!

Tried to sort it out myself, but got in over my head. Just a heads up
for whoever's working on this to let them know that the distribution
that they're using for ODE seems to be dependent on an X11 install.
Mind you, I HAVE an X11 install, but is still generating nasty compiler
warnings.

Thanks for listening,

-Doug
bischofftep