[Bf-committers] irc meeting sunday march 30

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:26:53 -0700

> Interesting contacts have been established with MIT professor Neil
> Gershenfield, who is working on support for CAD and Rapid Prototyping.
> He seriously considers to assign a student to our python project. I
> hope to have a field report on this at the site soon.
> http://www.media.mit.edu/physics/pedagogy/fab/index.html

They might be interested to know that I wrote a
Blender STL file format export script a long time ago
(I have a 3D printer at work too):

http://www.ualberta.ca/~cwant/blender/stl.py

It is my hope to find time to write a full-fledged
export option for this within blender, with the hopefull
goal of creating a plugin style template for import/export
code (but this might be something I leave to my future
children to work on, due to lack of time).

Chris