[Bf-codereview] Freestyle r54826 branch review (issue 7416049)

ideasman42 at gmail.com ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 23:56:54 CET 2013

Hi, checking customdata changes.

Firstly, I dont think ME_CDFLAG_FREESTYLE_EDGE, ME_CDFLAG_FREESTYLE_FACE
should be defined at all, Once the conversion from existing, older blend
files is done - the CustomData layers are in the mesh and there is no
need to store this setting in me->cd_flag.

The purpose of me->cd_flag is for setting which are apart of
DNA_meshdata_types.h but not customdata when converting into BMEditMesh
(BMesh), before this, customdata for edge crease for example was always
being added to BMesh data which was often not needed.

So I think these flags can simply be removed.

Next...
Notice that getCCGDerivedMesh is managing FreestyleEdge, FreestyleFace
specifically.
The purpose of customdata is to avoid having to have each modifier do
special checks for each data-type.

I think it would be better not to have this kind of check in the code.
Instead checks in convertblender.c can do lookups on the tessface's
ORIGINDEX, Check for CD_ORIGINDEX for similar examples.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7416049/