[Bf-codereview] Custom Nodes (issue 7099061)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:03:57 CET 2013

Managed to get the patch uploaded here, just running "python
source/tools/codereview_upload.py" worked.

I will continue to read through the code and post comments.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7099061/diff/1/release/scripts/startup/bl_operators/node.py
File release/scripts/startup/bl_operators/node.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7099061/diff/1/release/scripts/startup/bl_operators/node.py#newcode193
release/scripts/startup/bl_operators/node.py:193: node =
self.create_node(context, item[len(node_type_prefix):])
I think NODE_OT_add_search needs to be derived from NodeAddOperator for
this to work?

https://codereview.appspot.com/7099061/diff/1/source/blender/nodes/shader/node_shader_tree.c
File source/blender/nodes/shader/node_shader_tree.c (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7099061/diff/1/source/blender/nodes/shader/node_shader_tree.c#newcode70
source/blender/nodes/shader/node_shader_tree.c:70: * This will probably
change in the future, then each engine will get its own poll function.
We discussed this before, but I still think we should not do this at the
node tree level. It's useful to be able to have setups for multiple
engines in one node tree, and some node groups can contain nodes that
work in multiple engines. Maya/XSI/... also allow such setups.

I think such a poll function should be implemented at the node level,
and then nodes that don't work in certain engines can be greyed out in
the node editor.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7099061/diff/1/source/blender/nodes/shader/node_shader_tree.c#newcode84
source/blender/nodes/shader/node_shader_tree.c:84: if (snode->shaderfrom
== SNODE_SHADER_OBJECT) {
Is it a safe assumption that snode is in the context?

https://codereview.appspot.com/7099061/